August 22, 2009
August 2, 2009
My video up of the jam should be up in a few days on the FFT website; I just finished capturing the footage… and am going to wait until tomorrow to get working. In the meantime, here’s a short and very partial recap of the goings on.
- Jason Lopez, David Kapinos (“Japan”), and Will Grahn took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively; as a result of this, Jason gets to compete at the SLC Dew Tour stop.
- Jason stomped a double-whip 3 over the box, hit the vert wall, and then attempted a 720 over the box backwards. Gnar.
- David tried a no-handed flip up the quarter-to-quarter step-up, and pulled perfect 360 invert over the box.
- Will threw a bar-to-bar out of a weird (and super fun!) roller thing that was propped on up the stairs, and cranked some turndowns.
- A guy whose names eludes me somehow managed to pull a backflip off the aforementioned roller thing.
- The token uber-am sandbagger ended up moving up to regular-am. He then threw a frontflip off the box lip, and completely bypassed the landing, going straight to flat. Street as fuck.
- Some dude in a “I have candy” (?) shirt did a fakie-to-frontflip in practice, and then proceeded to wreck his ankle and not compete.
- While texting Mike Packer, I shoulderchecked some kid who hit a hipblind and sent him straight to the floor. Reminds me of the time I hit this blind bank-to-bank gap at Vans and took out Dirty Duane.
- And… a whole bunch of other stuff happened…