I didn’t do too much filming at the jam… just Pro. Elliott shot Vet for me, and I think that Jake from 2-Hip got Advanced. Don and a couple other people have photos.
13 & Under
Safety meeting with Bar Vic. Saw some crazy hydroplane sailboat thing stunting on the lake. I’m going to go ahead and assume that little Petey Pablo won this class.
14 & Over Beginner
6″ Turkey Bacon Club from Togo’s, cheddar on white, with an Orange Crush. Levi Marquez came out on top.
14 & Over Advanced
1. Squeeks. Murdered it, . Wild lines all over the place. Was more cocky than Nick Dawg. Passed go, collected $200.
2. Carebear. Big railride, with a crook and feeble-to-jumpover into the bank to boot.
2. Sprinkles. Also got 2nd. Flipped the box, and did a whole bunch of stuff that I totally did not expect to see.
4-5? Nick Krauer and Eric Cisneros. Not sure who placed what, and didn’t really get to watch them ride, but they were getting down.
6. Contrary to popular belief, I can actually ride.
1. Oldscar. Dialed runs. 540 air. Framestand smith stall.
1. Squirrel. Also first. Double x-up air in the deep end. Suicide doublepeg on the sub. Can-can double-peg grind.
3. Don Ypil. Pedal grind/stall variations, perfect one-footed tables and turndowns.
X. V-Dogg attempted a half-barspin air on the 10′ vert quarter. He looped out on the flat, but he’s over 40 and did it in a fullface and basketball shorts, so I’m counting it.
1. Andrew Lang. Imagine the Terminator, but with white pants. Barspin-to-icepick-to-tiretap-to-whip on the sub,and a whole bunch of other crazy shit.
2. Nick Noble. Cameron Birdwell was watching the UFC match with Joey Chestnut, and Nick filled his shoes very well. Ridiculous backrail fuf, and did a toothpick and tireslide on the vert quarter.
3. Endo. Stupid big downside wallplant, huge wallrides. Did not go over the bars.
X. Dustin Hansen came through with a dope wallslap-to-manual around the bowl into the deep end.
I finished this one up for Ride BMX a couple weeks ago, but it didn’t go up until this morning. Anyway, this one’s got footage from Benicia, Martinez, Berkeley, Pleasanton, Fun Spot, Greer, and Cunningham, Roosevelt, Mayfair, Stonegate, and Plata Arroyo Parks in San Jose, and is made up of older footage that I’ve been sitting on, along with a lot of newer footy.
I don’t have fliers or real details yet for either of these, but, I figured I should post this up since they’re only a couple weeks away. Nick Valencia’s putting on a jam at Cunningham on Saturday, April 10th, during the normal park hours (5:30pm-9:00pm). The following day, Sunday the 11th, ODI will be putting on an event at Plata Arroyo beginning at 10am.
This was done and ready last Wednesday, but due to some technical issues ESPN couldn’t get the video up until today. Also, in case you missed the results and the photos, check them out here and here, respectively.
Here’s the leftover SD footy off my old camera from the past year-and-a-half, including some footage from Tea Cups, leftovers from the Cobbs edit, park clips that didn’t get used in Caveman’s video, and some shots of Carp and Kurt that Jarrod Allen had on a disc he gave me awhile back.
Endo lent me this DVD, which was made by Nick Noble in ‘05 and features a lot of East Bay riders, including Nick, Sterley, Samar, Duck, Nick Dawg, AP, Nip, Endo, and Kenny Kekow.
Also, since I’ve been getting emails on the topic… I don’t know why the Free Flow video is taking so long to get online. I finished it the Tuesday after the contest and sent it to my contact for ALLI, and… they’re lagging on getting it up. Sorry on the delay.