I’m not sure who most of the people are in this, but that transfer that Ty does at 3:44 is fucking wild.
May 30, 2011
May 18, 2011
There isn’t a flier for this, but here’s the info:
The annual Gatorade Free Flow Tour will be making its way to Ramp Rats in Santa Rosa on May 22nd. Ramp Rats has been hosting this contest for 7 years, and is the only BMX venue still hosting it since its start! The entry fee is $15, and it is for 21 & under only. The Open Class will be competing for a trip to the Free Flow finals in Las Vegas, and the Junior Class (15 & Under) will be competing for prizes and bragging rights!
9:00 – Registration & Practice
12:00 – Junior Class
1:30 – Practice
1:45 – Open Class
September 23, 2010
Jason Lopez got 2nd overall in dirt (and 11th in park) at the Free Flow Tour. I haven’t actually watched this video, but I’m going to go ahead and assume that there’s all kinds of high-flying trickery in this…
August 11, 2010
August 6, 2010
August 4, 2010
Nick Noble, Jason Lopez, Ty Callais, and Chris Canepa went out to Oregon a couple weeks ago…
August 3, 2010
July 6, 2010
As you may already know, Ramp Rats is closing down and moving to a new location in Santa Rosa. Here’s a schedule of what’s to come:
Last Blast Petaluma Pro Jam
Saturday, July 24 at 6pm
$40 Entry Fee w/Cash Prizes
Gatorade Free Flow Tour
Sunday, July 25 at 10am
$15 Entry Fee, 21 & Under Only
Ramp Rats Closing
Sunday, July 25 (after the GFFT)
Help Mike dismantle and move ramps!
Ramp Rats II Opening
Friday, July 30 (or earlier)
917 Piner Rd, Santa Rosa
August 24, 2009
The video of the jam is finally up on the Alliance of Action Sports website. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look particularly good on their site, so I’ve thrown it up on Vimeo, and am hoping that they don’t call me out on it.
August 2, 2009
My video up of the jam should be up in a few days on the FFT website; I just finished capturing the footage… and am going to wait until tomorrow to get working. In the meantime, here’s a short and very partial recap of the goings on.
- Jason Lopez, David Kapinos (“Japan”), and Will Grahn took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, respectively; as a result of this, Jason gets to compete at the SLC Dew Tour stop.
- Jason stomped a double-whip 3 over the box, hit the vert wall, and then attempted a 720 over the box backwards. Gnar.
- David tried a no-handed flip up the quarter-to-quarter step-up, and pulled perfect 360 invert over the box.
- Will threw a bar-to-bar out of a weird (and super fun!) roller thing that was propped on up the stairs, and cranked some turndowns.
- A guy whose names eludes me somehow managed to pull a backflip off the aforementioned roller thing.
- The token uber-am sandbagger ended up moving up to regular-am. He then threw a frontflip off the box lip, and completely bypassed the landing, going straight to flat. Street as fuck.
- Some dude in a “I have candy” (?) shirt did a fakie-to-frontflip in practice, and then proceeded to wreck his ankle and not compete.
- While texting Mike Packer, I shoulderchecked some kid who hit a hipblind and sent him straight to the floor. Reminds me of the time I hit this blind bank-to-bank gap at Vans and took out Dirty Duane.
- And… a whole bunch of other stuff happened…