October 5, 2010
September 21, 2010
August 29, 2010
13 & Under
Safety meeting with Bar Vic. Saw some crazy hydroplane sailboat thing stunting on the lake. I’m going to go ahead and assume that little Petey Pablo won this class.
14 & Over Beginner
6″ Turkey Bacon Club from Togo’s, cheddar on white, with an Orange Crush. Levi Marquez came out on top.
14 & Over Advanced
1. Squeeks. Murdered it, . Wild lines all over the place. Was more cocky than Nick Dawg. Passed go, collected $200.
2. Carebear. Big railride, with a crook and feeble-to-jumpover into the bank to boot.
2. Sprinkles. Also got 2nd. Flipped the box, and did a whole bunch of stuff that I totally did not expect to see.
4-5? Nick Krauer and Eric Cisneros. Not sure who placed what, and didn’t really get to watch them ride, but they were getting down.
6. Contrary to popular belief, I can actually ride.
1. Oldscar. Dialed runs. 540 air. Framestand smith stall.
1. Squirrel. Also first. Double x-up air in the deep end. Suicide doublepeg on the sub. Can-can double-peg grind.
3. Don Ypil. Pedal grind/stall variations, perfect one-footed tables and turndowns.
X. V-Dogg attempted a half-barspin air on the 10′ vert quarter. He looped out on the flat, but he’s over 40 and did it in a fullface and basketball shorts, so I’m counting it.
1. Andrew Lang. Imagine the Terminator, but with white pants. Barspin-to-icepick-to-tiretap-to-whip on the sub,and a whole bunch of other crazy shit.
2. Nick Noble. Cameron Birdwell was watching the UFC match with Joey Chestnut, and Nick filled his shoes very well. Ridiculous backrail fuf, and did a toothpick and tireslide on the vert quarter.
3. Endo. Stupid big downside wallplant, huge wallrides. Did not go over the bars.
X. Dustin Hansen came through with a dope wallslap-to-manual around the bowl into the deep end.
August 12, 2010
I shot some photos with Cunningham’s Nikon tonight, for an event flier I’m working on, and here are the two best shots I got. I’ll have the flier up as soon as Nick Dawg gets me a final sponsor list.
May 31, 2010
I finished this one up for Ride BMX a couple weeks ago, but it didn’t go up until this morning. Anyway, this one’s got footage from Benicia, Martinez, Berkeley, Pleasanton, Fun Spot, Greer, and Cunningham, Roosevelt, Mayfair, Stonegate, and Plata Arroyo Parks in San Jose, and is made up of older footage that I’ve been sitting on, along with a lot of newer footy.
May 17, 2010
Jackson took a lot of photos at the jam last Saturday. There was a real good turnout, with a lot of shredding going down. The crowd voted for the top three by way of a ballot, and Andrew Lang took home first place, with Jason Lopez and Cameron Birdwell in second and third. The riders voted for best trick, with Cam coming out on top for, as he put it, “the best superman seatgrab peggrab I’ve ever done.” I’m working on my edit right now, but Alec Hugo’s on the ball and already finished his, which you can see after the jump.