October 5, 2010
September 21, 2010
September 20, 2010
I filmed this one about a month-and-a-half ago, finally got around to editing it a week or so back, and now it’s up on ESPN. Also, here’s a brief history of the ramp, according to Oscar:
My backyard mini-ramp is the original 16-foot wide mini-ramp that was at the San Jose Ramp Club. When the Ramp Club closed in 2001, it got transferred all the way up to Sacramento. Aaron Huff and the guys at Solid bought it, but they never did anything with it, and just kept it in their warehouse. In 2003, Squirrel and Tony Campos’ dad, Guillermo, went up to Sac and trucked these ramps back down, because Squirrel was going to open up a park in Morgan Hill. That fell through, and Squirrel called me, and asked if I wanted the pieces of the mini-ramp. So, if you look at my ramp, the original 16-foot wide section that’s 6-1/2 feet tall is the original SJRC mini-ramp. I added the extra ten feet and the sub box later.
September 15, 2010
I’m still trying to determine if Squirrel was serious with all of his oddly-formatted cut-and-paste posts in Squirrel’s Nuts, or if all the crazy talk was just an allusion to his birthday party. Regardless, it was an awesome party, and the new Ramp Rats is rad. Here’s some photos that Luke Otten shot. Video coming… as soon as I get around to it.
August 29, 2010
13 & Under
Safety meeting with Bar Vic. Saw some crazy hydroplane sailboat thing stunting on the lake. I’m going to go ahead and assume that little Petey Pablo won this class.
14 & Over Beginner
6″ Turkey Bacon Club from Togo’s, cheddar on white, with an Orange Crush. Levi Marquez came out on top.
14 & Over Advanced
1. Squeeks. Murdered it, . Wild lines all over the place. Was more cocky than Nick Dawg. Passed go, collected $200.
2. Carebear. Big railride, with a crook and feeble-to-jumpover into the bank to boot.
2. Sprinkles. Also got 2nd. Flipped the box, and did a whole bunch of stuff that I totally did not expect to see.
4-5? Nick Krauer and Eric Cisneros. Not sure who placed what, and didn’t really get to watch them ride, but they were getting down.
6. Contrary to popular belief, I can actually ride.
1. Oldscar. Dialed runs. 540 air. Framestand smith stall.
1. Squirrel. Also first. Double x-up air in the deep end. Suicide doublepeg on the sub. Can-can double-peg grind.
3. Don Ypil. Pedal grind/stall variations, perfect one-footed tables and turndowns.
X. V-Dogg attempted a half-barspin air on the 10′ vert quarter. He looped out on the flat, but he’s over 40 and did it in a fullface and basketball shorts, so I’m counting it.
1. Andrew Lang. Imagine the Terminator, but with white pants. Barspin-to-icepick-to-tiretap-to-whip on the sub,and a whole bunch of other crazy shit.
2. Nick Noble. Cameron Birdwell was watching the UFC match with Joey Chestnut, and Nick filled his shoes very well. Ridiculous backrail fuf, and did a toothpick and tireslide on the vert quarter.
3. Endo. Stupid big downside wallplant, huge wallrides. Did not go over the bars.
X. Dustin Hansen came through with a dope wallslap-to-manual around the bowl into the deep end.
May 31, 2010
I finished this one up for Ride BMX a couple weeks ago, but it didn’t go up until this morning. Anyway, this one’s got footage from Benicia, Martinez, Berkeley, Pleasanton, Fun Spot, Greer, and Cunningham, Roosevelt, Mayfair, Stonegate, and Plata Arroyo Parks in San Jose, and is made up of older footage that I’ve been sitting on, along with a lot of newer footy.
April 19, 2010
January 8, 2010
In case you haven’t already noticed, Damian Schinella’s section of the site, Squirrel’s Nuts, is back after a two year hiatus. Click here to check it out.
December 7, 2009
Mike Hernandez coming through with the edit! Spotted at Bigfoot Ravine.
November 18, 2009
This was done and ready last Wednesday, but due to some technical issues ESPN couldn’t get the video up until today. Also, in case you missed the results and the photos, check them out here and here, respectively.