I was wondering when this footage I gave to Jarrod to edit was going to see the light of day. Anyway, even though Elliott’s been on 2Hip for some time now, this is his “Welcome to the Team” edit.
September 19, 2011
September 12, 2011
August 31, 2011
May 10, 2011
This ended up being a little bit more than just a bikecheck, because Ron talks about the necessity of wearing full-face helmets for vert riding and discusses the new Groovetech system fairly in-depth, but, whatever. Pedalpicker drop-in.
May 6, 2011
“It’s about riding. It’s about having fun. It’s not about shaving cream, or toothpaste, or internet bikes, or anything like that. It’s just about doing what you love.” Bonus: Baby Tony Campos around 4:20.
October 3, 2010
Peeped this at the super awesome Sasquatch Canyon 1000th Post Party last night. Crazy Chris should’ve been there, much like I should’ve been at the jam. Anyway, check the edit out.
August 29, 2010
13 & Under
Safety meeting with Bar Vic. Saw some crazy hydroplane sailboat thing stunting on the lake. I’m going to go ahead and assume that little Petey Pablo won this class.
14 & Over Beginner
6″ Turkey Bacon Club from Togo’s, cheddar on white, with an Orange Crush. Levi Marquez came out on top.
14 & Over Advanced
1. Squeeks. Murdered it, . Wild lines all over the place. Was more cocky than Nick Dawg. Passed go, collected $200.
2. Carebear. Big railride, with a crook and feeble-to-jumpover into the bank to boot.
2. Sprinkles. Also got 2nd. Flipped the box, and did a whole bunch of stuff that I totally did not expect to see.
4-5? Nick Krauer and Eric Cisneros. Not sure who placed what, and didn’t really get to watch them ride, but they were getting down.
6. Contrary to popular belief, I can actually ride.
1. Oldscar. Dialed runs. 540 air. Framestand smith stall.
1. Squirrel. Also first. Double x-up air in the deep end. Suicide doublepeg on the sub. Can-can double-peg grind.
3. Don Ypil. Pedal grind/stall variations, perfect one-footed tables and turndowns.
X. V-Dogg attempted a half-barspin air on the 10′ vert quarter. He looped out on the flat, but he’s over 40 and did it in a fullface and basketball shorts, so I’m counting it.
1. Andrew Lang. Imagine the Terminator, but with white pants. Barspin-to-icepick-to-tiretap-to-whip on the sub,and a whole bunch of other crazy shit.
2. Nick Noble. Cameron Birdwell was watching the UFC match with Joey Chestnut, and Nick filled his shoes very well. Ridiculous backrail fuf, and did a toothpick and tireslide on the vert quarter.
3. Endo. Stupid big downside wallplant, huge wallrides. Did not go over the bars.
X. Dustin Hansen came through with a dope wallslap-to-manual around the bowl into the deep end.
August 18, 2010
Jarrod sent over this photo of Ron, Darryl Nau, Waylon from the Sanctuary, Steve-O, and Jake from 2-Hip chilling before taking off on their limo tour. Not a clue where they’re going, but I’m sure it’ll be rad.