The new site's getting closer to being finished, and it's looking like it'll be on schedule. You can expect the following changes:
- Upcoming events will be shown through a calendar, rather than a list, so you don't have to think about it anymore.
- You'll now be able to search for photos and videos by rider, photographer, and videographer, through Flickr tagging that's integrated into the site. Now you can find that picture of yourself way fast.
- Due to the large number of existing rider pages being a big hassle to maintain, only some selected riders will have their own pages. However, you can look anybody up through the aforementioned tagging system. The main advantage of this, at least for me, is that I only have to go through two steps to add photos to the site now, instead of quite a few more.
- You'll be able to access anything on the site from any page, as opposed to the current system of having to go to the Riders section to access media.
- You won't need to log in anymore to post comments.
- More bloggers (in addition to Dawg, Nip, and myself) contributing, leading to more updates per week.
Here is a short trailer for the video I am filming in Thailand. I will be making multiple edits. featuring riders from all over the country. Flatland, street, park, and contest footage. The quality is a bit low on this render since the internet is pretty bad here.
Thailand has been great so far! The contest was amazing! 100 plus riders showed up and some serious stunts went down. I've made a trailer for the video but the internet is pretty slow. I am hoping by tonight it will have uploaded. New Years was wild; I hope yours was too. I printed over 6000 First Rule stickers in white, black, pink, purple, and gold! Holla at me or Kweli when i get back. New designs! Hot Hot Hot!
Click here to go over to the MacNeil site for an interview and photos of Wolfman.
In unrelated news, just a half-hour ago, Caveman and I came to the stunning conclusion that I'm about as street as a walking path.
In even more unrelated news, I ran into Anthony "I quit BMX because my girlfriend made me" Lee yesterday morning at Roosevelt. He's currently driving a Vespa scooter around town, complete with an open-face helmet. Gay and Asian, indeed!
Now I'm really disappointed I didn't show up yesterday, because Cisco's shirt is fucking awesome. At least I think it's a shirt.