HomePhotosVideosInterviewsEventsTag IndexFeeds'05-'08 ArchivesSquirrel's NutsAbout/ContactLinks

November 14, 2011

SJBMX | SAN JOSE BMX

Posted by Chris McMahon
Category: Site Updates
Tags:

“Damn bro! No goodbye post or anything. I feel like some slut that just got banged and woke up to an empty bed and five bucks on the dresser, haha!” Mike Hernandez, texting it as he sees it.

So, yes, in case you couldn’t tell by the total lack of posts in the past… five weeks, SJBMX is dead, at least as far as being a regularly-updated local BMX website. I delayed on getting this post up because I wasn’t really sure what was going to happen. I really wanted to keep it going until February 18th and end it on the seventh anniversary of the site’s first post, but, real life got in the way, and keeping a BMX website updated on a regular basis just doesn’t fit into my schedule anymore. Going from having plenty of free time during college to having a full-time position in one’s chosen field is one of those things that forces your hand, unfortunately.

I do plan on doing a final full-length webvideo, since I’ve got so much unused footage stored, but I really don’t have a real ETA on when it’ll come out – I’m guessing sometime in the winter, as work will die down once it starts raining more often. Look for it here, or on Vimeo. Maybe it’ll show up elsewhere.

Thanks to everyone who was ever involved with SJBMX since 2005: Everybody who read and watched, shot and filmed, submitted and commented, hosted and attended, rode and inspired. It was blast while it lasted. I’ll see you around.

19 Comments »

1. Hey man, it’s been a fucking treat. Kinda surprised at the news. SJBMX has been my default webpage for fuckin yeeeaaaaars. It’s seriously been an absolute treat shooting for you and having pictures posted up when I did. Even my crutches are covered in SJBMX stickers. haha. We gotta have a BBQ or something to represent.
    SJBMX.com sucka!!!

Comment by Shawn Hott — November 14, 2011

2. beermang, thanks for keeping it going as long as you did. There were a couple times in my life where I had drifted off from riding on a regular basis and seeing some badass shit on here inspired me to go blast some curb cuts again.

Comment by paul somero — November 15, 2011

3. GG

Comment by COLE — November 15, 2011

4. somewhere out in san jose or wherever he could be. mark rich is balling his eyes out.

Comment by 408dave — November 15, 2011

5. The standard by which local scenes sites are measured and an amazing archive. Let’s all by budmen a beer next time we see ‘em. Take a vacation dude.

Comment by Jackson Allen — November 15, 2011

6. Jyeah boy shit aint never dead… Im all for a big OG session to celebrate the past and contemplate the future…

Comment by dawginc — November 15, 2011

7. SJBMX bbq!

Comment by Stephen — November 15, 2011

8. going to miss SJBMX!
    Thanks for keeping it going strong as long as you did, it was a great thing

Comment by Chris Riesner — November 15, 2011

9. Wow never thought I would see this day………

Comment by Ronnie Michelini — November 15, 2011

10. thanks holmes there would be no First Rule without you putting out the word,filming, and just plain doin da most! whats the yay gon do without you…. real life is the shit get some in that world and keep shreddin it up homie!
    da da na, da da na…..

Comment by tallcan first rule — November 15, 2011

11. when the time comes, i look forward to buying you a beer.

Comment by McPiffle — November 15, 2011

12. Beerman is moving on. Good for you Mr, good luck with your grown man projects

Comment by Randy B — November 16, 2011

13. BEER MAN BEAR PIG NOOOOOOOO!

Comment by Joey Chernoff — November 16, 2011

14. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment by endo — November 16, 2011

15. Hopefully someone takes over and keeps the lights on. I would come join you all for a BBQ…but your countries immigration laws are still up to shit :)

Props to Chris for all the years of hard work and for running some of my content.

Comment by lloyd — November 17, 2011

16. Man, at least have someone do nothing more than upload the locals videos and update contest information on your website…
    The local cali scene needs a good go-to site for BMX. Something that covers a little bit from every scene.

Comment by D.Seaborne — November 17, 2011

17. Beerman, you did good man! I stopped checking The Come Up a long time ago because there was too much garbage to sift through so I would just check your site because I really only cared about local videos, riders and events in BMX. To be able to cover of an area as large as Northern California is a hard task to do and you did a great job. Thanks for posting my videos and good luck to your future endeavors!

Comment by N.E. Man — November 20, 2011

18. It’s awesome that you got your career goin. Most bmxers in it long enough have a rough time doin anythingelse good w/ their lives. Lol. I do agree somebody should step up and keep the calendar updated and post up local vids. Ask around, somebody will be down.

Comment by nnoble — November 21, 2011

19. so whose gonna post all the bays jams in one spot???

Comment by RideNaked — November 26, 2011